Real Estate Cases
Another major part of our practice involves commercial and residential real estate matters, including the purchase, sale, financing, development and leasing of real estate in and around Northern Michigan.
Our clients include buyers and sellers of residential and commercial property as well as landlords, developers, contractors, apartment communities, homeowner’s associations, condominium associations and realtors. Matters handled on their behalf include, but are not limited to:
- All aspects of the purchase and sale of residential and commercial property, including drafting, negotiating and review of purchase agreements, land contracts, title work, financing and closing documents, examination of title, conduct of closings, resolution of title issues, such as quiet title actions, etc.
- New construction matters
- Landlord Tenant including eviction proceedings and drafting, negotiation and review of leases
- Environmental matters
- Zoning and land use
- Litigation involving, for example, failure to disclose claims in purchase and sale cases, mold cases and property line disputes
- Liens and construction lien actions
- Disputes with builders, contractors, subcontractors, laborers, and/or suppliers
The practice of real estate requires careful attention to detail. Our office prides itself on its good communication, helpfulness and knowledge of the real estate laws and requirements of the Tri-county area. We will help you assess your needs, decide on a course of action and complete the task in a careful manner.